qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Aidan Skinner" <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GSoC - Lahiru's CLI for JMX
Date Sat, 26 Jul 2008 20:25:08 GMT
On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 8:50 AM, lahiru gunathilake <lahiru@apache.org> wrote:

> Do you thing this is useful because you said info command normally display
> all the information of a single object but here when user run the command
> without -n option there are so many queue objects.So if you want me to avoid
> listing so many objects I can do that....

I think object name should be mandatory, that way you'll only get one.
Well, you would if it was limited to one virtual host. Which I think
should probably be kind of like database context. Maybe something like
this:

aidan@contemplation:~/hacking/lahirugsoc[master]/$ bin/qpid-cli
:/home/aidan/hacking/lahirugsoc/lib/jline-0.9.94.jar:/home/aidan/hacking/lahirugsoc/lib/junit-4.4.jar:/home/aidan/hacking/lahirugsoc/build/main/classes/
Connecting to localhost Qpid java broker...
qpid-admin-$ virtualhost list
[.. list of vhosts..]
qpid-admin-$ virtualhost use development
Using virtualhost development
qpid-admin-$ queue list
[... list of queues in development virtualhost ...]

The other option would be to specify it to list. Maybe something like:

queue list -v <vhost> -n <name>

or alternatively:

queue list <vhost>:<name>

as well as

queue list <name>

The info command should probably work in the same way. I found a
couple of bugs while testing, which I'll file in Google code tomorrow,
there's an NPE when you 'list' and 'queue info ping' returns all the
queues (it shouldn't need the -n if there's only one argument),
nothing major. It looks good :)

- Aidan
http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid