qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Godfrey" <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Branching
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 21:54:29 GMT
2008/7/3 Rafael Schloming <rafaels@redhat.com>:
> Hey Qpid-dev,
>
> As you may know my employer recently released MRG 1.0 based on Qpid. I'm
> sure I speak for everyone at Red Hat when I say many thanks to all the
> contributors who have put in so much hard work on Qpid.

I add my congratualtions to those from Robert :-)

> The packages we've released are built from the following revisions of trunk:
>
> qpid/specs: 666398
> qpid/python: 668378
> qpid/gentools: 668333
> qpid/java: 668333
> qpid/cpp: 667603
>
> RPMs for these revisions should be available through fedora as well.
>
> I think it might be useful to create a branch against these revisions in
> Apache SVN, since they do represent a fairly stable cross section of trunk,
> and at some point if we have people who picked up qpid through fedora asking
> questions, it might be handy to be able to easily reference the code they
> are running.

I'm happy with a tag or a branch - whatever you think is
appropriate... I guess the choice depends on whether you are planning
to backport patches and the like from maintenance releases that you
create downstream.  In future I think it would be good if you can tie
your commercial releases to Apache releases...

> I didn't want to just go ahead and do this though without checking if such a
> branch is appropriate and/or welcomed by the community. So if you have
> strong opinions on this, please let me know.

-- Rob