qpid-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Steve Huston" <shus...@riverace.com>
Subject RE: M3 Freeze
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 15:27:16 GMT
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Gordon Sim [mailto:gsim@redhat.com] 
> Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2008 11:13 AM
> To: qpid-dev@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: Re: M3 Freeze
> 
> 
> Andrew Stitcher wrote:
> > On Thu, 2008-08-07 at 15:32 +0100, Martin Ritchie wrote:
> >> 2008/8/7 Aidan Skinner <aidan@apache.org>:
> >>> On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 11:31 AM, Andrew Stitcher 
> <astitcher@redhat.com> wrote:
> >>>
> >>>> I do think however that it would be worth holding M3 for 
> a few days (say
> >>>> no more than 3) if it takes Steve a little longer than 
> that. I know this
> >>>> could be regarded as the thin end of the wedge, but this 
> the first
> >>>> significant platform port of the C++ broker and things 
> were bound to
> >>>> show up. However IMO it would be a significant extra for 
> M3 so worth
> >>>> waiting just a short while for.
> >>> I'm okay with this going in if guys you are. :)
> >>>
> >> Are you suggesting holding the freeze till Monday as 'Last thing
> >> Friday' == 'First thing Monday'?
> > 
> > I actually meant 3 working days so last thing Weds, but I
definitely
> > don't want to wait longer than that, if it's not ready by 
> then, we just
> > freeze anyway. But if you want to suggest sooner we can discuss.
> 
> I think it would be good to make an exception specifically 
> for Steve's 
> windows port and allow a few more days for that (e.g. up to Wed). It

> will be really nice to get that in for M3 and its already 
> very nearly there.
> 
> So I'd suggest not having a general delay in the freeze, but
allowing 
> windows port patches to be submitted and applied by wed next week. 
> Steve, would that work for you?

Yes, that would be great! Thank you for the support.

-Steve



Mime
View raw message