qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: M3 Freeze
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 12:56:11 GMT
On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 10:06 +0100, Aidan Skinner wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 6:56 PM, Alan Conway <aconway@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm doing small incremental merges. The new functionality does nothing
> > unless explicitly enabled so it doesn't interfere with non-cluster use
> > of the broker. I prefer incremental merges to trunk (or some shared
> > post-M3 branch) so that my code gets continuously integrated with any
> > other work that is going on.
>
> If it doesn't affect stablity, it isn't really affected by the freeze,
> you can quite happily keep doing this. :)

It *shouldn't* affect stability unless I goof (which does occasionally
happen :) so there's a risk doing this on the same branch as the
release.

As per earlier email I've accepted freezing the trunk for release and
creating an after_M3 branch for anything that's not part of M3 and poses
a risk on the trunk.

Cheers,
Alan.