qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: Management Method Request]
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 15:22:17 GMT
mehtar@cs.man.ac.uk wrote:
> Hello Ted/Carl,
>
> Could you please reply the following email? I am struck with the
> Method Request (AM1M) (mapping for setAttribute() and method request
> e.g. echo) and Method Response (AM1m).
>
> Just wanted to remind you about this email.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Best Regards,
> Rahul
>

> Sending the Method Request here. I believe this should be like this...
>
>     // send method request AM1M
>         case 5:
>         // just to verify that what objectID i am getting is correct
>         System.out.println(mgtclient.objectID);
>         mgtclient.opcode="AM1M";
>         mgtclient.sequenceNo=999;
>         mgtclient.methodName="purge";
>         message.clear();
>         try {
>         message.put(mgtclient.opcode.getBytes("UTF-8"));
>         message.putInt(mgtclient.sequenceNo);
>         message.putLong(mgtclient.objectID);
>         encoder.writeStr8(mgtclient.methodName);
>         } catch (UnsupportedEncodingException e) {
>         e.printStackTrace();
>         }
>         System.out.println("Query Method Request Sent for purge method
> of ueue class...");
>             break;
>
> Trying to receive the Method Response here...
>
>     case 'm':
> // TODO: this message is not printing... NOT receiving the Method
> Response
>     System.out.println("I am in");
>     int statusCode=decoder.readUint16();
>     String statusText=decoder.readStr8();
>     System.out.println(statusCode);
>     System.out.println(statusText);
>     break;
>

> -->> I dont know what went wrong here... Why I am not able to receive
> the Method Response(AM1m)

In your transmit code above, I don't see where you actually send the
message.  You encode the message then print a line saying it was sent
but I don't see where you set attributes and send the message.  What
routing key are you using?

If you turn tracing on in the broker (-t command line switch), do you
see the AM1M message being received?

-Ted