qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Aidan Skinner" <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GSoC - Lahiru's CLI for JMX
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 18:48:25 GMT
On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 12:18 PM, lahiru gunathilake <glahiru@gmail.com> wrote:

> of the implementation form tomorrow onwards.And in order to start the
> implementation could you please send me an email which one to start next and
> with a small description (I'm sorry for asking a description but your
> explanations are very very useful for me to understand the thing and
> implement it in an easy way from the very beginning ).I think I'm suppose to
> finish all the implementations within nearly two weeks :-)

I'll send the announcement mail tomorrow, I'm just swinging by and
only have about 3 minutes, sorry.

I think the next thing to do is the data modification commands. These
basically come in two flavours:

Removing the top N messages from a queue:

queue delete fooqueue 3 <-- deletes the top 3 messages from a queue
queue delete fooqueue <-- deletes all the messages on a queue

and moving messages from one queue to another:

queue move fooqueue barqueue 4 <-- moves the first 4 messages from
fooqueue to barqueue
queue move fooqueue barqueue <-- moves all the messages from fooqueue
to barqueue

to use these, it occurs to me that it would be useful to be able to
list the contents of a queue, something like

queue list-messages fooqueue <-- prints a list of all the messages on fooqueue
message info <msg-id> <-- prints the header information for the message
message info --full <msg-id> <-- prints the header and body
information for the message

- Aidan
http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid
"Nine-tenths of wisdom consists in being wise in time." - Theodore Roosevelt