qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Aidan Skinner" <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: M3 Freeze
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 14:06:01 GMT
On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 2:41 PM, Alan Conway <aconway@redhat.com> wrote:

> What I recall us saying is "don't until you really need one". We need
> one if there is any post-M3 work going on during the freeze. I'm working
> on clustering code that is well decoupled but still poses a risk of me
> breaking the C++ broker. There may be others working on post-M3 work as
> well.

Is that something you need to land before M3 goes out? I guess ideally
you'd be doing this on a feature branch that tracks trunk, probably
easier with git than svn though. :/

> I'd suggest we create an M3 branch and allow post-M3 work on trunk,
> merging M3 to trunk as we go. The alternative is to use trunk for M3 and
> create a post-M3-branch but that seems backwards to me.

If you have to commit your stuff in the weeks between freeze and
release then yeah, that makes sense.

- Aidan
http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid
"Nine-tenths of wisdom consists in being wise in time." - Theodore Roosevelt