qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Aidan Skinner" <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GSoC - Lahiru's CLI for JMX
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 10:06:17 GMT
On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 6:26 AM, lahiru gunathilake <lahiru@apache.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 9:13 AM, lahiru gunathilake <lahiru@apache.org>wrote:

Hey dude,

>> I have implemented the delete command. It works like this,
>> queue delete -n ping -v development -t 3 <have to specify the virtualhost
>> in order to get a single queue object> : This delete top three messages from
>> the specified queue.

Sweet! Now our users can unclog stuck brokers!

>> If user didn't give the -t argument all the messages will be deleted from
>> the queue.

I think that's a little risky, I'm quite forgetful and often try to do
things before I've had my 3rd cup of tea (which is the one that turns
me into a functional person) and I know I'd end up blowing away a
queue by mistake. I think this should be an error, or at least a "are
you sure? y/N" prompt

>> I think the method I'm suppose to call moveMessages and I have to give
>> three arguments ( from MessageId, to MessageId,Queue). Could you please tell
>> me what does those mean.
>>
> Do you know any way to get MessageId's ?

They should be part of the Message object,
Queue.getMessagesOnQueue().getMessage().getMessageId()

- Aidan
http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid
"Nine-tenths of wisdom consists in being wise in time." - Theodore Roosevelt