qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: c++ client - Windows port
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 13:28:25 GMT
On Thu, 2008-09-04 at 08:10 -0500, Matt Griswold wrote:

> * Alan Conway <aconway@redhat.com> [09/04/08 07:51]:
> > So my suggestion: if boost::time solves your problem on windows then
> do
> > a new sys/boost/Time.cpp impl using boost::time, so no impact on
> other
> > code.
>
> That's been working well for me.  I've been playing around with making
> a boost
> "port" in sys/boost since I'll eventually need an OSX client too and I
> figured

Absolutely! And for any case where the boost port works everywhere we
can promote it to the default implementation. I'm a big fan of
offloading portability issues wherever possible. A boost version of the
threads & locking would be very interesting also - I shied away from it
when I did the initial impl because I had some (untested) performance
concerns but if it can be shown to perform equally well  I'll happily
ditch the posix impl.