qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Aidan Skinner" <ai...@apache.org>
Subject [RESULT][VOTE] Formalise commit-then-review for java/
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2008 10:02:59 GMT
On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 4:07 PM, Aidan Skinner <aidan@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi javaroos,
>
> I'd like to get a vote on doing formal reviews for everything under
> qpid/java that works like this (what we shall call the RG1 process as
> I cut n paste this from his mail):
>
> 1) work on issue and commit changes
> 2) mail or IM someone asking if he would mind reviewing it
> 3) assign issue to person doing review and move on until issue is
> either reopened by reviewer or resolved (or whatever state comes next)
> 4) run jira report regularly of issues in "pending review" state with
> no activity for 5 days. For those issues go back to step (2) with
> alternative reviewer if necessary.
>
> if there's consensus around this, I'd ideally like to start this on
> Monday, making this Friday our last big group slog.

There were:

5 +1s
0 0's
0 -1's

from:
Arnaud Simon
Rajith Attapattu
Robert Greig
Marnie McCormack
Martin Ritchie

so I'm closing it as passed. If you commit anything under java/
without a Jira that goes into a to-be-reviewed state there will be no
cookies for anyone.

- Aidan
http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid
"Nine-tenths of wisdom consists in being wise in time." - Theodore Roosevelt