qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Aidan Skinner" <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Board report
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2008 13:27:17 GMT
On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 1:40 PM, Carl Trieloff <cctrieloff@redhat.com> wrote:

> Aidan Skinner wrote:
>
>> We're on the block for a board report this time round, I'd like to mention
>> couple of things:
>>
>> 1. Concern that it took ~1 month to get a vote on our last release
>> candidate
>> completed, general@ seems happy to pick holes when somethings wrong but
>> uninterested in allowing stuff to proceed. There was plenty of activity on
>> other threads, such as the discussion on the maven repo but repeated
>> reminders seemed ineffectual.
>> 2. Related to 1, time to graduate?
>> 3. New comitters voted on, new PPMC members.
>> 4. GSoC rocked
>>
>> - Aidan
>>

> Comments:
>
> - is 1 our concern our the incubators concern -- not clear the way you
> wrote it.

Incubators, I don't know what else we could have done short of actually
poking people with an actual stick.

> - with 4, would say 50% success rate and yes GSoC was great.

I'd phrase it as one pass, one fail, rather than 50% (which looks worse to
my eyes)

- Aidan
http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid
"Nine-tenths of wisdom consists in being wise in time." - Theodore Roosevelt