qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Aidan Skinner" <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Understanding the code repo situation with GitHub
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2008 14:10:45 GMT
On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 12:10 PM, Paul Fremantle <pzfreo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Finally, I would be happier if there was a date by which the GitHub
> code will be re-integrated into the SVN and our GitHub tree
> decommissioned.

1. Code from github should be integrated into our tree via the usual process
- by attaching it to a Jira and having it reviewed by a committer.

2. I don't see the legal difference between code that has been stored in
git, and code which has been stored on a contributors hard drive before it's
been put through the proper process to get it into Apache SVN.

3. Other Apache projects are using git quite happily and I'm not aware of
any concerns being raised about it.

- Aidan
http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid
"Nine-tenths of wisdom consists in being wise in time." - Theodore Roosevelt