qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Robie <jonathan.ro...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: M4-RC1
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2008 16:21:12 GMT
Aidan Skinner wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 7:40 AM, Rafael Schloming <rafaels@redhat.com> wrote:
>

>> Please have at it:
>>
>>  http://people.apache.org/~rhs/qpid-M4-RC1/
>>

> Couple of things:
>
> C++ src is still muckle. It probably makes sense for doc/ to be split
> out to a seperate artifact. The docs are really nice though. ;)
> C++ src unpacks to qpidc-0.3, 0.4 might be better.
>
> qpid-dotnet-M4 should probably be qpid-dotnet-0-8-M4 to be consistent
> with qpid-dotnet-0-10. It unpacks into cwd rather than creating a
> subdirectory which is ugly.
>
> Java looks good to me except for still having the duplicate libs in
> management/ but that's not a huge deal, just annoying.
>
> You need to put your public key in KEYS.

A few more things:

1. Need a README.TXT, I'll write one.

2. The root directory is inconsistent for the archives. When I did an
untar ($ tar -xvf filename, for each archive), I got three different
root directories:

qpidc-0.3
qpid-M4
qpid-M4-RC1

It's not at all clear to me what goes in each directory and why. Should
there be one common root? This organization would make more sense to me:

qpid-M4
- bin
- cpp
- java
- dotnet
- python
- ruby
- specs
- buildtools
- gentools
- etc
- lib
- management
- review

3. The makefiles don't work in cpp/directories. I did a ./bootstrap,
then ./configure, and got a bunch of compile errors, I think because the
directories have moved around.

Jonathan