qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Ritchie" <ritch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: M4 Timelines
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 15:40:56 GMT
2008/12/2 Carl Trieloff <cctrieloff@redhat.com>:

>> We need to retain the 0-8 version as it is in use and may be upgraded.
>> There
>> were several fixes and enhancements to the 0-8 version in M3.
>
> Can we move the 0-8 client into a subdir, any objections to that?
>

>>> 3. The Java build needs something in the README about Java 1.5 /1.6  or
>>> we
>>> need to fix it. It also needs to be updated
>>> with the ant instructions. I also think we should kill maven so people
>>> don't try and fail to build with Maven. (Hiram's
>>> issues trying to build)
>>>

>> I think the issue with the 4? classes should be addressed - I think Martin
>> is going to raise a JIRA. Maven can be useful for generating the
>> IDEA/Eclipse project files so maybe we could just document the build
>> instructions for trunk ? I'm happy to do that.
>
> What if we just leave maven in for eclipse and pull it out for the rest of
> the Java.  Some general
> cleanup is needed.  Thoughts?

General clean up of the maven would be good with the default maven
target giving details of how to build eclipse and intelij projects. It
would be good though to get the pom file generation in to the ant
build system, I recall the feature be discussed a while back but not
sure where that went.

Cheers
Martin

--