qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Ritchie" <ritch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is qpid/java trunk supposed to build without test failures?
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 00:53:23 GMT
2008/12/2 Martin Ritchie <ritchiem@apache.org>:
> Hi Hiram,
>
> I guess I hadn't run ant test before, mainly as I was looking to make
> a Mac OS X JMX Console build. So I too see the ConnectionTest failing
> but I have a fix and new get a clean build.
>
> I'll commit the fixes directly.
>
> Cheers
> Martin
>
> 2008/12/2 Hiram Chirino <hiram@hiramchirino.com>:
>> I'm just running: ant test
>> Do I need to start up an external broker before doing that?  I was
>> assuming the Java tests start java brokers automatically.
>>
>> Ah good idea about the ant report.  But I'd still recommend you guys
>> get rid of the log messages getting spewed to the console during the
>> tests.
>>
>> What kind of machine you running your tests on?
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 12:29 PM, Aidan Skinner <aidan@apache.org> wrote:

>>> I don't get those errors using ant test, are you running against the
>>> c++ or java brokers externally?
>>>
>>> FWIW you can use ant report to get nice html reports in build/report/index.html.
>>>
>>> - Aidan
>>> --
>>> Apache Qpid - World Domination through Advanced Message Queueing
>>> http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid
>>> "Have we anything resembling a plan?" "Mm-hm. Ride till we find
>>> them... and kill them all." - The 13th Warrior
>>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Hiram
>>
>> Blog: http://hiramchirino.com
>>
>> Open Source SOA
>> http://open.iona.com
>>

> --
> Martin Ritchie

Hiram,

Give the build on OS X a try now it works for me on my C2D MacBook
with 10.5.5 and Java 5. It took a "ant clean build, ant , any"  to get
past the Selector generation and compilation which we originally
borrowed from ActiveMQ. If you have a fix for this that would be
great. I believe this issue has been JIRA'd but I'll check on that in
the morning.

Other than that I don't see any errors on the Default(invm) or java
test profiles, cpp profile will have to wait till I have more time to
port the C++ broker :) though I suppose I could get a

Its on my list of fun stuff to do thought I'd prefer to make more
integration apps.. like System Preferences, and really I should do
something 'more fun' at home to draw a line between work and play.
--
Martin Ritchie