qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Marnie McCormack" <marnie.mccorm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: M4 Timelines
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 14:08:23 GMT
Hi Carl,

Comments inline ....

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 1:47 PM, Carl Trieloff <cctrieloff@redhat.com> wrote:

> I looked at the last spin artifacts. I think we have some cleanup /
> decision to make before the next spin
>
> 1. Ruby & Python README's need some, how to use comments (I have pinging
> Rafi)
> 2. .NET ( we have a 0-8 client that has no changed since M2 and the new 010
> client. However the 010 client
> is in a subdir, 0-8 is not. Should we move the 0-8 client into a subdir or
> just delete it, as it can be obtained from M3
> or M2?  It is problematic that the RELEASE_NOTES talk about M2 at the top
> level and confusing

We need to retain the 0-8 version as it is in use and may be upgraded. There
were several fixes and enhancements to the 0-8 version in M3. I think a
separate discussion on the 0-10 .Net client would be useful as I know some
concerns existed around the review.

> 3. The Java build needs something in the README about Java 1.5 /1.6  or we
> need to fix it. It also needs to be updated
> with the ant instructions. I also think we should kill maven so people
> don't try and fail to build with Maven. (Hiram's
> issues trying to build)

I think the issue with the 4? classes should be addressed - I think Martin
is going to raise a JIRA. Maven can be useful for generating the
IDEA/Eclipse project files so maybe we could just document the build
instructions for trunk ? I'm happy to do that.

> I am still checking licensing, but that is the punch list I have found so
> far on the last spin.
>
> Volunteers welcome to help clean up.
> Carl.

I also sent some feedback on the alpha & beta. Be good to get Rafi's view of
what he thinks should be done and we can pitch in.

Bye for now,
Marnie