qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Godfrey" <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is qpid/java trunk supposed to build without test failures?
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 12:20:10 GMT
2008/12/2 Martin Ritchie <ritchiem@apache.org>:
> Personally I think limiting to building on 1.6 is very annoying. I use
> my Mac OS X box quite a bit and would rather use the default 1.5. I
> would argue that we should remove the @Overide that are causing the
> problem and are only used in the one interface. Small change for a big
> win IMHO.
>
> Martin

I agree we should probably fix this - there's four files affected
IIRC.  We still have the "having to build it twice to get it to
succeed" bug for 1.5 builds even then.  I think we should tackle this
for our next release (i.e. post M4).

note - the built code will run on 1.5 - it's purely changes (bugfixes)
in the 1.6 compiler that mean these errors do not occur there.

Cheers,
Rob