qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Aidan Skinner" <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GSoC '09
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2009 15:57:15 GMT
On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 3:11 PM, Lahiru Samarakoon <lahiruts@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am a final year student in Department of Computer Science &
> Engineering, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. I am interested in

Will you still be a student during the period covered by GSoC? This is
normally May-August.

> participating gsoc '09 by contributing to the qpid project. I have
> gone through the updated idea page of the project and interested in
> "qpid-android-demo".
>
> I have checked out the qpid source and built it. And I tried some jms examples.
>
> Is this idea is vacant? If it is how should I proceed?

Nobody's claimed anything yet, it's still some time away from the
project allocation period. I think the first thing to do would be to
figure out what works on android and what doesn't. Does android
provide all the APIs that we need? Does MINA work there?

Thanks for your interest!

- Aidan

http://qpid.apache.org