qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "John O'Hara" <john.r.oh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal to unify qpid and AMQP URL formats.
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 00:58:13 GMT
TLS doesn't have to be TCP/IP.  From the RFC:"At the lowest level, layered
on top of some reliable transport protocol (e.g., TCP[TCP]), is the TLS
Record Protocol."

For example I could theoretically used TLS over Socket Direct Protocol
over IB.  What is needs is reliability and order underneath.

Also, the AMQP1 negotiation as currently in discussion asserts a
demand for TLS very early on - in fact during the AMQP header
exchange.  So its an option added to AMQP; the current draft header
has a bit for it (talk to Rafi, long discussion).

This would lead to amqp+tls since the ordered connection is already
open and we're asking the TLS + AMQP handshake to begin.

Just my logic, and just 1.0 draft.

Objections I'd be interested in.

Cheers

John

2009/2/11 Carl Trieloff <cctrieloff@redhat.com>

> Alan Conway wrote:
>
>> John O'Hara wrote:
>>
>>> Very well considered, and highly flexible.Compatible with where AMQP1.0
>>> is
>>> heading (wrt TLS handling -- balance of opinion is that TLS will be on