qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "John O'Hara" <john.r.oh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal to unify qpid and AMQP URL formats.
Date Sat, 14 Feb 2009 13:01:53 GMT
To Rob
The question is, how do we indicate in the URL that the client library
should set the TLS indicator on the initial AMQP handshake? (I'm talking 1.0
here, not sure for 10).

I think in 0-10 you set up a TLS tunnel then AMQP over it.
In 1.0 it will be AMQP that negotiates the TLS (a la XMPP) it won't be over
a tunnel.

So again, how do we indicate in a URL that we want TLS to be requested
during client connection, by the client?

While we're on the topic of initial connection establishment, it may well be
useful to have an optional way for a client to ask for a specific protocol
version.  Of course AMQP can negotiate this all by itself, but what if for
some operational (temporary) reason I want the client to use a specific
protocol revision... where would we put that optional part in the URL?

Thoughts?
John
Cheers
John