qpid-dev mailing list archives

From michael goulish <mgoul...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Possible T-shirt image
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2009 15:14:12 GMT

Mark -- Thanks for kind words, and ideas about the logo.

Here are 3 alternatives:

"original"  -- the one you've already seen
"manta"     -- even more manta-like than the original, and
"chevron"   -- that looks more like your "fast-forward" idea.

I do like the idea of it looking "fast" -- I actually think that "Manta"
accomplishes that best because the shape itself looks fast, rather than
suggesting a symbol from media-players that means "fast forward".  IMHO
that's one indirection or abstraction too many.

Also, personally, I think the arrow ought to point directly at the
"Qpid" slogan -- not at the hypothetical person you're walking next to.
So that, effectively, the logo says "AMQP is fast and it's with Qpid."

Please let us know your reactions to these three alternatives.  ( And
everybody else, please! )

We want it to say:

  1. Fast
  2. AMQP == Qpid
  3. This is cool / sexy

That's a lot to ask of 4 words, 6 polygons, and one exclamation point,
but I think we're getting there!