qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: IKVMing the Java client for .Net
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 16:37:49 GMT
Aidan Skinner wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 2:00 PM, Carl Trieloff <cctrieloff@redhat.com> wrote:
>

>>> Only supporting 0-10 means it won't talk to the current Java broker or
>>> any of the other AMQP implementations such as OpenAMQ or RabbitMQ.
>>>

>> Does that really matter, we already have an 0-8 client for .NET and others
>> exist. We need to look
>>

> I think having a client which can interoperate with 3 of the 4 AMQP
> brokers I know of is quite important. The existing 0-8 .Net client is
> somewhat suboptimal and doesn't support any standard API.

I believe that should drive our technology selection. That is something
that will change with the
political landscape. What does not change is that we will need to
maintain the client for many years. I
think we should work out the optimal solution for .NET (Windows) as the
top criteria for technology
selection.

Carl.