qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: our graduation press release
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 16:50:19 GMT

Thanks for the feedback, unless I get any more feedback, I will consider
this ready to give to Apache PR.
Carl

*The Apache Software Foundation Names Qpid a Top-Level Project*

/Open source messaging implementation built on the AMQP standard
promoted to self-governed position by community foundation/

*FOREST HILL, MD *--* January x, 2009* -- The Apache Software Foundation
(ASF) today announced the graduation of the Qpid project from an Apache
incubator project to a Top-Level Project (TLP). With its promotion to
TLP status, Qpid has been recognized for its maturity and vibrant
community, as well as for being well-governed and practicing the Apache
process and principles.

"On the heels of its recent graduation, Qpid has also reached the
completion of the major Qpid M4 release. We're thrilled to have been
recognized by the Apache Software Foundation for the growth and maturity
of the Qpid project," said Carl Trieloff, chair, Qpid and senior
consulting software engineer at Red Hat. "With the promotion to an
Apache Top-Level Project, our project is recognized for outstanding
development based on our rapidly expanding community, infrastructure and
for collaborative development."

John O'Hara, Chairman of the AMQP Working Group and Executive Director
at JPMorgan, said "I am delighted that the Apache Software Foundation
has graduated the Qpid AMQP server. AMQP is an open infrastructure for
business messaging over the Internet. Apache Qpid developers have been
active participants in the AMQP Working Group working in partnership
with other AMQP solution developers and end-users. The ASF's provision
of Qpid as its AMQP implementation adds to the range of AMQP solutions
businesses can choose from to improve their efficiency."

Apache Qpid, a messaging implementation built on the Advanced Messaging
Queuing Protocol (AMQP) specification, provides transaction management,
queuing, clustering, federation, security, management and multi-platform
support. Qpid was initially proposed to the ASF in December 2006 by
Trieloff. The project was fortunate to be started with an initial code
donation created by some of the initial project members. Since then,
Qpid has and continues to expand its committer base and diversity of
organizations and individuals represented. Today, it runs critical
systems for many users and large organizations while continuing to lead
through innovation and implementation.

"Since joining AMQP.org last year, we have seen how valuable the AMQP
specification is to the participating customers," said Sam Ramji, Senior
Director, Platform Strategy, Microsoft. "It is great to see the
Apache/Qpid project maturing as the community strives to address the
customer need for choice and improved enterprise-class messaging
interoperability."

The Qpid team believes that the graduation of the project is a fresh and
exciting addition to the Apache Software Foundation, as do many of those
that use the project. "WSO2 believes that Apache Qpid is an important
addition to addressing the enterprise messaging demands of our
customers, and we support connecting both C and Java middleware to
Apache Qpid for AMQP messaging," said Paul Fremantle, CTO at WSO2 and
member of the Apache Qpid Project Management Committee.

To use, interact and/or contribute to Apache Qpid,

visit _http://Qpid.apache.org <http://qpid.apache.org/>_.