qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Rafael Schloming <rafa...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Changing the release numbering scheme (was Re: [VOTE] Version Numbers)
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 21:34:42 GMT
Aidan Skinner wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 1:24 PM, Carl Trieloff <cctrieloff@redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> If we could agree to get 0-10 into the Java Broker in a timely fashion and
>> then change then
>> go to 1.0, I am fine with that. However, the 'M' is a pain and if we don't
>> reach that point for
>> the next release I would prefer to go to 0.5 for the next release.
>
> I don't think that adding 0-10 support to the Java broker is the only
> step necessary before we declare ourselves 1.0. I'm not sure that
> there's a consensus around what would be Qpid 1.0 just now.

What else do you feel is necessary? For me it's all about interop across
the different languages, and the biggest part of that is 0-10 support in
the Java broker. I'd also like to see some progress on protocol neutral
APIs in other languages, but I actually think thats an area where we can
whip things into shape with relatively little work.

--Rafael

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org