qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Rafael Schloming <rafa...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Changing the version number and what to change it too
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 11:57:08 GMT
Aidan Skinner wrote:
> Since the other thread got canned, let's hope we can get a resolution
> on this one. Two questions, since there are orthogonal choices to be
> made and Apache doesn't support condorcet voting.
>
> Question 1: Change the version number from M.x:
> [ ] Change the release from M.x to any of the other options
> [ ] Change the release from M.x to only my preferred option from
> Question 2, otherwise keep it the same

[X] Keep the release number as M.x

> Question 2: Change the version number to:

[X] 0.5

> [ ] 1.5
> [ ] 5

FWIW, I think this vote is being held too early since it's really about
the release number for M5, and we don't yet know what is in M5. I
certainly hope that my own opinion will change based on what we get done
for this release. I think we should finish the planning and development
for M5 and then redo the vote prior to release when we actually know
what we're voting on.

--Rafael

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org