qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Robie <jonathan.ro...@redhat.com>
Subject C++, Python: Common Includes
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 16:56:06 GMT
 From our sample programs:

C++:

#include <qpid/client/Connection.h>
#include <qpid/client/Session.h>
using namespace qpid::client;
using namespace qpid::framing;

Python:

import qpid
import sys
import os
from qpid.util import connect
from qpid.connection import Connection
from qpid.datatypes import Message, RangedSet, uuid4
from qpid.queue import Empty

To me, the C++ is clean and easy to remember. To me, the Python is
cluttered, and I have to look it up each time. In general, if I import a
class, I don't want to have to ask "what else do I need to import if I
want to be able to use the class I just imported?"

In Python, couldn't the user just import a Connection class and a
Session class, and we could design the API so that they get what they
need to use those classes automagically?  Or is there a pythonic reason
to do it this way?

Jonathan

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org