qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Robie <jonathan.ro...@redhat.com>
Subject Python, C++: Connecting, creating a session
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 17:02:40 GMT
C++ seems simpler and cleaner to me here. You create a Connection
object, open it, then use it to create a Session object:

C++:
=====

Connection connection;

try {
   connection.open(host, port);
   Session session =  connection.newSession();

Python is more complex, because it requires:

    * a socket object
    * connection.start()
    * a unique identifier that I specify

Python:
======

socket = connect(host, port)
connection = Connection (sock=socket, username=user, password=password)
connection.start()
session = connection.session(str(uuid4()))

Should we make the Python API ape C++ here?

Jonathan

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org