qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Robie <jonathan.ro...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Spring Housecleaning: Client APIs
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 17:05:00 GMT
Rafael Schloming wrote:
> I think comparing code snippets is a good idea. I would be tempted for
> starters to identify a few key use-cases/tasks rather than going
> class-by-class right off the bat, e.g. opening a connection, opening a
> session, publishing a message, subscribing with a listener,
> synchronous subscription, creating a message, setting/accessing a
> header, acknowledging a message, etc.

OK, let's start with that.

I do think we'll want to get to the point that we know that the APIs
stay consistent, and we know the mechanism we use to keep them
consistent. But the snippets will help us set direction before we do that.

Would it be better to plan out all the changes, then make them in one
fell swoop, or to gradually approach a consistent API? I'm inclined to
prefer the first approach .l...

Jonathan

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org