qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject c++ broker changes that might affect windows
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 17:37:15 GMT
I added a function AsynchIO::stopReading() in revision 743416 to fix a race
condition with read-credit on Linux and a no-op implementation for windows.

This shouldn't cause any change to existing windows behaviour. I'm raising it in
case anyone wants to investigate whether windows has the same race. At the
moment only the cluster uses read credit so it's somewhat hypothetical on
windows. If someone wants to investigate I can give details of the race and
pointers on writing a cluster-free test case for it.

Apologies in advance if I broke the windows build, I'm almost certain I didn't.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org