qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Proposal to unify qpid and AMQP URL formats.
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 19:28:45 GMT
John O'Hara wrote:
> Very well considered, and highly flexible.Compatible with where AMQP1.0 is
> heading (wrt TLS handling -- balance of opinion is that TLS will be on the
> same port, as it would be for Kerberos based encryption).
>
> Missed out a TLS example:
>
> amqp+tls://foo:bar@tcp:host1:1234/vhost?clientid=baz

I think it's cleaner to put modifiers like TLS into the protocol identifier
rather than the URL scheme:

amqp://foo:bar@tcp+tls: host:...

That gives greater flexibility over protocols used in the host list and avoids
the problem of mis-matching modifiers and protocols, e.g. if we have an
infiniband protocol then what would amqp+tls://ib:inifinibandstuff/... mean?

What do you think?

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org