qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Robie <jonathan.ro...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: C++, Python: Setting Properties
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 15:26:46 GMT
If we wanted to make C++ symmetrical with Python, we might want to add a
constructor that allows delivery and message properties to be specified
- would this be useful?

It's easy to do this other ways, but symmetry between the languages is
good ....

Jonathan

Python:
----------

delivery_properties = session.delivery_properties()
delivery_properties.routing_key="routing_key"

message_properties = session.message_properties()
message_properties.reply_to = session.reply_to("amq.direct", reply_to)

for line in lines:
   session.message_transfer(destination="amq.direct",
message=Message(message_properties, delivery_properties, line))

C++ (expanding the current API):

DeliveryProperties dp = message.getDeliveryProperties();
dp.setRoutingKey("request");

MessageProperties mp = message.getMessageProperties();
mp.setReplyTo(ReplyTo("amq.direct", response_queue.str()));

for (int i=0; i<count; i++) {
    stringstream message_data;
    message_data << "Message " << i;

    Message message(arg:deliveryProperties=dp, arg:messageProperties=mp,
arg:messageData=message_data);
    session.messageTransfer(arg::content=message,
arg::destination="amq.direct");
}

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org