qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Rafael Schloming <rafa...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: C++, Python: Setting Properties
Date Sat, 14 Feb 2009 16:40:01 GMT
Jonathan Robie wrote:
> If we wanted to make C++ symmetrical with Python, we might want to add a
> constructor that allows delivery and message properties to be specified
> - would this be useful?
>
> It's easy to do this other ways, but symmetry between the languages is
> good ....

IMHO this is an area where we are exposing a bit too much of the wire
protocol. I would think the natural thing to do for the API would be to
have at least the message properties accessible directly from the
message object. For python this would mean either keyword args to the
constructor or directly setting the properties:

# keyword args
msg = Message(reply_to=..., body=...)

# attributes
msg = Message()