qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: QPid C++ broker & portability
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2009 13:46:41 GMT
ffrenchm wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm very optimistic about QPID C++ broker. I already did some bench)marks
> and comparing to other queuer (like ActiveMQ or also QPID Java broker), the
> results are very good.
>
> I would be so very happy to use it in my project. But I've some blocking
> points. The first one is the portability on some platform such as AIX, HPUX
> & HPUX-IA. I know that there is some tasks planned to make work QPID C++
> broker on sun platforms and I would like to know if there is other tasks
> planned to make it work on AIX, HPUX, HPUXIA. Another question I have is
> your estimation of the workload of this kind of task and what could be the
> difficulties ???
>
> Thanks for all

Thanks for the interest,

Manuel has done quite a lot of work for Solaris, basically any post that
uses posix is minimal work. Ports
that are a bit further away need more intense effort like the Windows
port. HP-UX and AIX I would think
would be similar to solaris in effort (mostly just getting the compliers
happy) - not being more than a few
weeks work.

The guys to hit up on the topic on the dev list would be Andrew & Steve,
and possibly Alan
Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org