qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Manuel Teira Paz <mte...@tid.es>
Subject Solaris Port. Project dependencies
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 11:37:02 GMT
Hello everybody. Finally, I've got some spare time and would be nice to
spend it helping the project a while.

I've seen lots of changes happened, and was trying to put everything in
place again, porting uncommited changes to the trunk, and so on, to have
the solaris port working again.

The first issue I ran into is the way SSL support is intended to be
detected in configure.ac. I'm not sure about the roots of the problem,
but after getting:

checking for infiniband/verbs.h... no
checking rdma/rdma_cma.h usability... no
checking rdma/rdma_cma.h presence... no
checking for rdma/rdma_cma.h... no
./configure: line 25092: syntax error near unexpected token `SSL,'
./configure: line 25092: `     PKG_CHECK_MODULES(SSL,
nspr,,AC_MSG_ERROR([nspr not found]))'

I found that SSL is the only library to be detected using pkgconfig (I
guess I'm missing the macros and hence they're not expanded). While
pkgconfig is shipped (I think) with most of linux flavours, and provides
a helpful way to  check for dependencies, that is not the case for other
unix environments. Don't know what happens with windows, I suppose it
doesn't even use this kind of configuration.

Question here is, should we use an homogeneus way to check for
dependencies, like the AC_CHECK_LIB/AC_CHECK_HEADERS , or perhaps allow
the use of pkg-config stuff, but I think that at least, we should
provide an updated list of dependencies for the project to be build.

Best regards.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org