qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Huston" <shus...@riverace.com>
Subject RE: [Reminder] [0.5] [Code Freeze] Starts Monday 1200 UTC
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2009 17:20:56 GMT
> Martin Ritchie wrote:
> > Following on from Carl's email on the Release Schedule.
> >
> > There hasn't been any major complaints to starting the freeze on
> > Monday, so with that in mind I propose that we go ahead and
> freeze on
> > Monday 1200 UTC unless there are any major objects over the
weekend.

> > So this weekend will be the last chance to get all those shiny
> > features you've got on your local git branches pushed in.
> >
> > Cheers
> >

> Steve, does this work for you, i.e. make branch to be tested
> and landed after 0.5?

Yes, I think that's fair. As mentioned, changing the make scheme has
the potential to upset lots of things and trying to wedge it in the
day before a freeze is a Bad Idea. If people were amenable to delaying
a month, it would be different, but I didn't see much support for that
idea, so let's push the cmake stuff to M6.

However, I'll get the Windows DLL stuff and some improved
testing/examples in for M5.

-Steve

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org