qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Ritchie <ritch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: M5 - JIRAs/Scope
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2009 09:51:35 GMT
2009/1/29 Marnie McCormack <marnie.mccormack@googlemail.com>:
> All,
>
> If you are working on (or plan to work on) the Java side for M5 - please can
> you scope anything you intend to do into M5 please ?
>
> Martin, Aidan & I have scoped the items we're working on into M5 (and are
> posting about the design for new features). Aside from that, there are two
> other JIRAs in M5 on the Java side. If this is really the scope/plan for M5,
> then our roadmap needs revised for this release !!
>
> It'd be good to have some discussions about some of the bigger ticket items
> proposed for M5, but currently these don't appear to be on anyone's list for
> M5 ?
>
> C++ JIRAs for M5 would be good too, but not so dear to my heart !
>
> FYI the Eclipse Management Console items are progressing separately to M5 as
> we're hoping (as raised before Xmas on the list) for a separate release of
> that component pre-M5.
>
> Regards,
> Marnie

I'll start the ball rolling here with what I'm looking to achieve for
M5. Remembering that we are time boxing our releases so I'll be
working down this list and seeing what makes the dates:

[QPID-949] Implement Flow To Disk
[QPID-1168] Complete ACLv2 Implementation
[QPID-1612] Split Java broker configuration into a number of files to
allow validation.

I'm also keen to get Robbie Gemmell's patches all committed as he has
been providing a lot of patches for the Java Eclipse Management
Console.

Would be good to co-ordinate with the rest of the Java developers as I
plan to start implementing these items directly. The designs are up on
the wiki for people to look at, though as they have been there for a
bit I'm sure you have all read them. :)

Cheers

Martin

--