qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org>
Subject [RESULT] [VOTE] Changing the version number and what to change it too
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2009 17:45:27 GMT
On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 9:54 PM, Aidan Skinner <aidan@apache.org> wrote:

> Since the other thread got canned, let's hope we can get a resolution
> on this one. Two questions, since there are orthogonal choices to be
> made and Apache doesn't support condorcet voting.
>
> Question 1: Change the version number from M.x:
> [ ] Change the release from M.x to any of the other options
> [ ] Change the release from M.x to only my preferred option from
> Question 2, otherwise keep it the same
> [ ] Keep the release number as M.x
>
> Question 2: Change the version number to:
> [ ] 0.5
> [ ] 1.5
> [ ] 5

Thanks for your votes! Tallying this was a little odd, so here are the
combinations of votes cast:

Question 1, option 1, Question 2, Option 1 (change to any, prefer
0.5): rajith, nsantos, tross, aconway
Question 1, option 2, Question 2, Option 1 (Change to 0.5 only): aidan
Question 1, option 2, Question 2, Option 2 (change to any, prefer
1.5): marnie, cctrieloff, rgreig, arnaudsimon
Question 1, option 3, Question 2, Option 1 (no change, prefer 0.5):
rgodfrey, rhs
Question 1, option 3, Question 2, no option (no change, abstain): ritchiem

So, the votes for changing it are 9 (rajith, nsantos, tross, aconway,
marnie, cctrieloff, rgreig, arnaudsimon, aidan), the votes for leaving
it as M5 are 3 (rgodfrey, rhs, ritchiem).

The votes for the new number being 0.5 are 7 (rajith, nsantos, tross,
aconway, rgodfrey, rhs, aidan), the votes for the new number being 1.5
are 4 (marnie, cctrieloff, rgreig, arnaudsimon).

Therefore the next release will be Apache Qpid 0.5! All praise Apache Qpid!

- Aidan
http://qpid.apache.org

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org