qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: want to contribute ;)
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 20:19:48 GMT
On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 7:17 PM, Alan Conway <aconway@redhat.com> wrote:

> The Big Idea behind the cluster design is to separate clustering from broker
> logic as much as possible by having the cluster regard the broker to a large
> extent as a "black box". The cluster's job is to sort all the frames
> arriving at all the nodes into a single ordered list (using virtual
> synchrony). Since every node then processes the same list in the same
>  order, we get the same results everywhere.

This design should make it possible to have heterogeneous clusters
which mix C++ and Java brokers. I'm not sure that's something that we
should aim for this year[1], but I think the Java implementation
should take pains not to exclude this possibility.

- Aidan

[1] I am becoming increasingly aware that we would benefit from a
publicly hashed out roadmap
http://qpid.apache.org

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org