qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Rajith Attapattu <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Qpid Documentation page
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 18:20:33 GMT
Jonathan, appologies if I wasn't clear enough.

The goal was to replace the current documentaiton page at
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/Documentation with the
proposed
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/DocumentationB

The reason why I created a parallel page was for folks to compare the two
and make decesion.
Since this was a main page I didn't want to arbitarily reorganize it without
getting any approval/feedback from the community.

Regards,

Rajith

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 1:15 PM, Jonathan Robie
<jonathan.robie@redhat.com>wrote:

> Help! This is another page also claiming to be "the" documentation page.
> It's not what users will get if they click on the "Documentation" link on
> the left hand side.
>
> I really think we need to focus on what users get to if they click on the
> navigation links first. I've seen several pages that try to provide an
> independent overview of what's going on, and over time, these pages get
> abandoned and out of date. Top-down is good here. "The" documentation page
> is here:
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/Documentation
>
> One good documentation page is better than a collection of documentation
> pages that differ in various ways.
>
> Jonathan
>

> Rajith Attapattu wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I had a stab at re organizing the Qpid documentation page.
>> Looking at dev/user list I found that several users had a bit of trouble
>> finding out the info they are looking for.
>>
>> The goals for the re-org are,
>> 1. Provide a top level index of documentation broken down by functional
>> area.
>> 2. Organize all relavent information in one location (Ex all user
>> guides/How
>> To's for JMS client under one location and not mix it up with broker docs)
>> 3. Try to make a clear separation between user guides vs developer
>> information.
>> 4. Build up a list of links/content that we need to maintain every release
>> ..etc
>>
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/DocumentationB
>>
>> The above link is work in progress and comments/suggestions are most
>> welcomed.
>> Once everybody is happy about the direction/content I would like to
>> replace
>> the current documentation page with the contents in the above link.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Rajith Attapattu
>> Red Hat
>> http://rajith.2rlabs.com/