qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Rajith Attapattu <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Qpid Documentation page
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 18:35:54 GMT
On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 1:25 PM, Jonathan Robie
<jonathan.robie@redhat.com>wrote:

> Rajith Attapattu wrote:
>
>> Jonathan, appologies if I wasn't clear enough.
>>
>> The goal was to replace the current documentaiton page at
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/Documentation with the
>> proposed
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/DocumentationB
>>
>> The reason why I created a parallel page was for folks to compare the two
>> and make decesion.
>> Since this was a main page I didn't want to arbitarily reorganize it
>> without
>> getting any approval/feedback from the community.
>>

> Whew!  I apologize for being stupid and alarmist here ;->
>
> I like your new page better, but I think we need sections by language,
> showing the API guides and examples for each language.

If you click on a particular client, there is a link to the API guides (if
available)
Examples are listed as a top level link.

I am not sure if there is a point in having sections by language, rather it
should be by messaging client.
After all the API guides that we have currenty are for the messaging
clients.

Now there will be API guides for QMF as well. Ex the python and c++ based
API's.
We need to make sure we distinguish properly between these API's and the
messaging client API's

Regards,

Rajith

> Jonathan