qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Rajith Attapattu <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Clarification on JMS Client behaviour w.r.t message listeners
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2009 22:43:57 GMT
Hi All,

I noticed in the current codebase,
that when the connection is started, the dispatcher thread for a
particular session will not be started if there are no registered
message listeners.
But if I add a message listener later, the dispatcher thread should be
started, but apparently it does not seem to be.

I don't know if this is the correct behavior, but I couldn't find
anything in the JMS spec that says the above should not happen.
If the above behavior is wrong I can file a JIRA, but wants to make
sure before I do so.

Regards,

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat