qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Rajith Attapattu <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Clarification on JMS Client behaviour w.r.t message listeners
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 18:52:02 GMT
Aidan,

I came across this when I wrote a simple test to figure out another issue.
Basically I did the following.

create connection
start the connection
create a session
create a destination, using that create a MC and a MP.
set a MessageListener to the MC.
send messages using MP.

When the session tries to deliever the messages it throws an
IllegalStateException as the dispatcher thread is null.

Let me create a JIRA and then attach the test case and the stack trace.

Regards,

Rajith

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 4:25 AM, Aidan Skinner <aidan.skinner@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 10:43 PM, Rajith Attapattu <rajith77@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I noticed in the current codebase,
>> that when the connection is started, the dispatcher thread for a
>> particular session will not be started if there are no registered
>> message listeners.
>> But if I add a message listener later, the dispatcher thread should be
>> started, but apparently it does not seem to be.
>
> That seems odd, and implies that onMessage won't work. I would expect
> DispatcherTest.testAsynchronousRecieve to fail, amongst others in that
> case but they pass for me (running all three profiles). How are you
> testing this?
>
> - Aidan
> --
> Apache Qpid - World Domination through Advanced Message Queueing
> http://qpid.apache.org

> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Regards,

Rajith Attapattu