qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: make check failure -- CPP broker svn pull
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 15:36:49 GMT
On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 21:43 -0500, Adam Chase wrote:
> Make check was flawless on 32 bit linux with g++ 4.3.2.
>
> Got errors on a 64 bit linux g++ 3.4.4.
>
> It crashes pretty regularly on this platform.  Is this platform supported?

You're going to have to be a little more specific than that!

What are the platforms you are talking about?
OS/Version
valgrind version

We test on 64 bit Linux (Red Hat 4/5, Fedora 9,10) all the time so these
platforms should definitely work

>>From a cursory look at your output I'd say it is what we'd expect from a
platform we'd not tested before - we commonly see different valgrind
complaints (many valid some not) when we use a platform we've not tested
on before.

BTW the "it" that is crashing is the unit test not the broker or client
themselves.

A crash in the unit_test like that will cause a lot of leak records
because the program will be interrupted before cleaning up normally, so
take the leaks with a grain of salt.

The fact that the rest of the test fails to run makes me suspicious
something funny is going on though with the make could ti be because you
are using NFS for your build directory?

Hope that helps/sheds some light.

Andrew

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org