qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: want to contribute ;)
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 09:47:51 GMT
Etienne Antoniutti Di Muro wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> sorry for delay, but as I am switching jobs, I can enjoy some much
> needed free time.
> I just took 2 weeks off, and I'll be on vacation again on Easter break :D:D
>
> Thank you all, for the welcome!
>
> Having read all the discussion, I have to say that I'd rather build my karma
> starting with the clustering requirements analysis and discussion (I
> know I'll be much more comfortable there),
> and meanwhile getting acquainted with the codebase.
> I do not really think a deep understanding of the current broker code
> is really necessary at first.
> Moreover I see the clustering thing as an independent aspect with
> respect to the broker,
> so there's no need for me to jump into the coding stuff right away.
>
> Having said so, some starter ideas about clustering, as follow:
> if the C++ broker comes with a pretty complete clustering solution,
> the idea of "borrowing" something
> from there could be useful....otherwise should we implement from
> scratch a NEW virtual synchrony solution ?! (I like virtual synchrony,
> Alan ;) ) -- I would not underestimate the burden of such an
> implementation.

That is a good idea, two things to look into is if we can put a Java API
onto AIS, or at the Cluster.so
level.  Understanding these two options might be good even if they don't
work out as they will give
you insight into how the C++ clustering works

my 2 cents,
Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org