qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: AMQP 1.0
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2009 20:26:27 GMT
James Mansion wrote:
> What's the plan for the 1.0 implementation - is there a design
> document or implementation plan?  Who is doing it?

Based on past experience I think its best to wait until the final spec
is actually published before getting too concerned about an
implementation plan.

I think, as has been discussed on this list recently, that getting some
higher level, protocol-independent APIs for those languages that don't
currently have them is a necessary first step and one that will be
valuable regardless.

The broker has some limited support for multiple protocols at present,
but they are really the remnants of upgrading from 0-9 'wip' to one
version of 0-10 and then onto the final 0-10 without breaking the build
and test suites. I think some thinking and design around improving that
in general terms would also be a valuable step forwards.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org