qpid-dev mailing list archives

From James Mansion <ja...@mansionfamily.plus.com>
Subject Re: AMQP 1.0
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 20:22:19 GMT
Gordon Sim wrote:
> For me the first part of the process is a protocol independent API and
> some thinking around how to support multiple protocols in the broker
> (allowing messages published over one protocol to be delivered over
> another etc).
You mean an internal support API into which the 1.0 and 0.10 bits etc
can be plugged?

> Another important aspect is ensuring that adding support for 1.0
> doesn't break previously supported versions.
How important is that, really?  There is no version overlap in the Java
and C++ brokers currently.  You aren't at v1.0 yet, of AMQP or QPid.

Is anyone actually in production?

> Thank you very much for investing your time in the project, it is
> great to have your interest!
You could read to much into it.  I'm trying to warn that my interest
isn't realistically going to result in coding.  I can think about
things, comment, and play.  But I can't contribute in a 'show me the
code' way.  Some projects can't accomodate that.  I can see why there is
a preference for action rather than bike-shed design, but it does limit
the sort of contribution that people can make - after all, even a
prioritisation of features from potential users is a contribution at
some level.

James

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org