qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Robie <jonathan.ro...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: AMQP 1.0
Date Fri, 20 Mar 2009 14:44:43 GMT
James Mansion wrote:
> There are lots of JMS implementations.  My own interest in AMQP is
> largely driven
> by it NOT being JMS - so there is a chance that my C#, Python and C++
> code
> can be first class citizens.  Clearly other people will have different
> priorities.

Interop across languages and platforms is clearly an important design
criterion. I don't think anyone disagrees with you here.

Our Java JMS clients interoperate with clients in Python and C++.
There's clearly demand for Java JMS support. I would like to also see a
Java client that more directly reflects AMQP, as our clients in other
languages do.

Jonathan

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org