qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r760305 - in /qpid/trunk/qpid/java/client/src/test/java/org/apache/qpid/test/unit/jndi: ./ JNDIPropertyFileTest.java JNDITest.properties
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 09:19:08 GMT
Aidan Skinner wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 4:40 AM,  <rajith@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> +    public void testQueueNamesWithTrailingSpaces() throws Exception
>> +    {
>> +        Queue queue = (Queue)ctx.lookup("QueueNameWithSpace");
>> +        assertEquals("QueueNameWithSpace",queue.getQueueName());
>> +    }
>
> I missed the other commit with the actual calls to trim(), I'm not
> sure this is the correct way to handle this case. The AMQP spec says:
> "Queue names must have a length of between 1 and 255 characters
> inclusive, must start with a digit, letter or underscores ('_')
> character, and must be otherwise encoded in UTF-8." (AMQP 0-10, p226).
>
> Your change adds an additional implementation rule that you cannot
> have trailing spaces. Messages sent to 'ABC_' 'ABC__' and 'ABC' (s/_/
> /g) all end up at the same place, and I'm really not sure that's
> right.

What AMQP allows for queue names and what is sensible when interpreting
a properties file are two separate things in my view.

I personally think that by default trailing whitespace in the properties
file entry for a particular Destination _should_ be ignored.

If there is a desire to allow names with trailing spaces to be defined
in the properties file in my view that should require some more explicit
notation e.g. quotes around the name.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org