qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AMQP 1.0
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 13:40:54 GMT
On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 1:29 PM, Rajith Attapattu <rajith77@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 6:36 AM, Aidan Skinner <aidan@apache.org> wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 8:26 PM, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:

>> The Java client uses JMS for this to an extent, but we still need a
>> way of exposing AMQP specific things in ways that are as version
>> independent as possible (such as the mandatory flag). I've been
>> kicking around the idea of something like this:
>>

> I am of the opinion that you could get 99% of the AMQP stuff while
> still using pure JMS.
> I have a few ideas around how to do the immediate flag etc while still
> using pure JMS.
> One such idea is to pass in a QPID specific property in the message
> called "AMQP_IMMEDIATE" and the respective sender method can look for
> the presense of this flag and put that in the delivery props. When

See, I'm not sure this is really "pure JMS". It may not use any
non-JMS API, but it does rely on non-JMS semantics.

I can easily see that this improves portability from a "does my code
compile" PoV. I think it may be quite unhelpful from a "does my code
still work" PoV however. Having non-JMS features available as non-JMS
API at least makes their dependence on this more obvious.

- Aidan

http://qpid.apache.org

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org