qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Aidan Skinner <aidan.skin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AMQP 1.0
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 15:45:32 GMT
On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 3:06 PM, Robert Godfrey <rob.j.godfrey@gmail.com> wrote:

> is entirely appropriate.  Best would be if AMQMessage was defined by
> the AMQP Working Group and provided in an org.amqp package...

That would be Very Helpful indeed, although quite a big task. ;)

We could work on it on org.apache.qpid.amqp and try to sync up with
other vendors if other people were interested.

> On the interfaces side, what I was saying was that AMQMessage need not
> extend JMS Message, etc...  Our *implementation* of a Message class
> would likely implement both.

Ah, ok. Gotcha. This seems sensible.

> My main concern would be if there were any legal implications to
> publishing a set of AMQP interfaces that depended on the JMS ones...

Possibly, though IANAL nor do I play one on tv. It's probably not
desireable in any case, hard casts out of JMS are probably
semantically clearer.

- Aidan
http://qpid.apache.org

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org